The aim of this programme is to demonstrate the planning and use of inclusive strategies to meet the needs of all learners in a group.
What you'll see is how tasks and exercises can be adapted to suit the different skill levels within a mixed ability group.
This module will help you to:
- Explain what differentiation means in the context of teaching a class.
- Decide an appropriate classroom layout for the session you are delivering.
- Recognise the needs of individual learners and take account of these in planning a session.
- Plan a session to include appropriately differentiated activities to meet the learning needs of individual students.
- Evaluate the success of a session from the learner's point of view.
What is differentiation?
Recognising different learning needs
Planning a session - the scheme of work
Planning a session - session objectives
Planning a session - learner activities
Planning for differentiation
Monitoring and assisting with group work
Reflecting on the experience
The pathway to differentiation